Paul A. ZimmerFull Resume
Principal at Brinig Taylor
San Diego, CA
401 B STREET, SUITE 2150
SAN DIEGO , CALIFORNIA 92101
TEL. (619) 687-2600
FAX (619) 544-0304
University of California
Master of Business–
Administration San Diego State University
Bachelor of Business Administration (Finance) University of Notre Dame
School of Business
KPMG Peat Marwick LLP
Commander United States
Naval Reserve Force (Retired)
Mr. Zimmer is a Principal of the firm and a Senior Financial Analyst who specializes in business valuation, litigation support and damages analysis. Mr. Zimmer has qualified as an expert witness in the San Diego Superior Court and arbitration. His professional experience includes employment as a Management Consultant with KPMG Peat Marwick in Washington, D.C. and eight years of military active duty as a Naval Officer. He is a graduate of San Diego State University with a Masters of Business Administration (Finance) and a graduate of the University of Notre Dame with a Bachelor of Business Administration (Finance). Mr. Zimmer has been employed by Brinig Taylor Zimmer, Inc. since 1994.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), California
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF), AICPA
- Principal, Brinig & Company, Inc.
- U.S. District Court (Southern District of California)
- San Diego County Superior Court
- Los Angeles County Superior Court
- Orange County Superior Court
- Alameda County Superior Court
- Riverside County Superior Court
- Third Judicial District Court, Utah
Areas of Specialty
Financial analysis to determine economic damages from unjust enrichment, lost profits, diminution in value, professional malpractice, business torts and other causes of action. Emphasis on business damages, personal injury, wrongful termination and wrongful death analyses. Business and professional practice valuation for purposes of marital dissolution, purchase and sale, estate planning, condemnation and business litigation. Performed economic damages analysis in more than fifteen-hundred engagements.
- State Nominations Committee, California Society of Certified Public Accountants, 2014 to 2016
- State Nominations Committee, California Society of Certified Public Accountants, 2014 to present
- Past President (Board of Directors), California Society of Certified Public Accountants, San Diego Chapter, 2013 to present
- President, Vice President, Secretary (Board of Directors), California Society of Certified Public Accountants, San Diego Chapter, 2010 to 2013
- Director (Board of Directors), California Society of Certified Public Accountants, San Diego Chapter, 2008 to 2011
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- Zimmer, P.A., Forensic Accounting, University of California-San Diego, November 2011.
- Zimmer, P.A., Forensic Accounting, California Society of CPAs, September 2011.
- Zimmer, P.A. with Wolf, V.M., Personal Injury Economic Damages, State Farm Annual Conference, Temecula, California, March 31, 2011.
- Zimmer, P.A. with Brinig, B.P., Economic Damages of Self-Employed Individuals, The Government Employees Insurance Company (GEICO), May 2003.